Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mouth to mouth we lie.




The good news is that previously disastrous, doomsday-like thoughts have subsided in the wake of shorter working hours, summery weather, and midday walks. So what I am trying to say is that I am still afloat. Which is a very good thing.

Last night we went to a bit of Icelandic Cultural Hour (as I called it) in the form of Hjaltalin and Mum performing at some theater space. Don't even bother to say it, I already know I am obsessed. The truth of the matter is that I borderline stalked the former as they just so HAPPENED to be on the flight with us and I just so HAPPENED to read about their lead singer/songwriter (who I now claim to be in love with) in the Reykjavik Grapevine we took back with us and this band just so HAPPENED to have been nominated for 5 music awards recently and when I looked them up on line they just so HAPPENED to be playing in New York in two days. And I decisively made a purchase to attend. Which, if you know me, you'll note is a rarity these days. REGARDLESS, I am sort of blown away. Like maybe the very best show I have seen in a long while?! Oh, Icelandia.

Today a shoot I worked on (in the loosest sense) came accompanied with a story from the photographer of the subject in question... crying.

And in other news I am as vapid and shallow as usual but trying a little bit harder not to watch as much tv (Gossip Girl being an exception) and be productive. Which, at 10:30 is coming thirty minutes away from my bedtime. It's the least I can do.

No comments: